1 Chronicles 7 – New International Version (NIV)
- The sons of Issachar: Tola, Puah, Jashub and Shimron—four in all.
- The sons of Tola: Uzzi, Rephaiah, Jeriel, Jahmai, Ibsam and Samuel—heads of their families. During the reign of David, the descendants of Tola listed as fighting men in their genealogy numbered 22,600.
- The son of Uzzi: Izrahiah. The sons of Izrahiah: Michael, Obadiah, Joel and Ishiah. All five of them were chiefs.
- According to their family genealogy, they had 36,000 men ready for battle, for they had many wives and children.
- The relatives who were fighting men belonging to all the clans of Issachar, as listed in their genealogy, were 87,000 in all.
- Three sons of Benjamin: Bela, Beker and Jediael.
- The sons of Bela: Ezbon, Uzzi, Uzziel, Jerimoth and Iri, heads of families—five in all. Their genealogical record listed 22,034 fighting men.
- The sons of Beker: Zemirah, Joash, Eliezer, Elioenai, Omri, Jeremoth, Abijah, Anathoth and Alemeth. All these were the sons of Beker.
- Their genealogical record listed the heads of families and 20,200 fighting men.
- The son of Jediael: Bilhan. The sons of Bilhan: Jeush, Benjamin, Ehud, Kenaanah, Zethan, Tarshish and Ahishahar.
- All these sons of Jediael were heads of families. There were 17,200 fighting men ready to go out to war.
- The Shuppites and Huppites were the descendants of Ir, and the Hushites[a] the descendants of Aher.
- The sons of Naphtali: Jahziel, Guni, Jezer and Shillem[b]—the descendants of Bilhah.
- The descendants of Manasseh: Asriel was his descendant through his Aramean concubine. She gave birth to Makir the father of Gilead.
- Makir took a wife from among the Huppites and Shuppites. His sister’s name was Maakah. Another descendant was named Zelophehad, who had only daughters.
- Makir’s wife Maakah gave birth to a son and named him Peresh. His brother was named Sheresh, and his sons were Ulam and Rakem.
- The son of Ulam: Bedan. These were the sons of Gilead son of Makir, the son of Manasseh.
- His sister Hammoleketh gave birth to Ishhod, Abiezer and Mahlah.
- The sons of Shemida were: Ahian, Shechem, Likhi and Aniam.
- The descendants of Ephraim: Shuthelah, Bered his son, Tahath his son, Eleadah his son, Tahath his son,
- Zabad his son and Shuthelah his son. Ezer and Elead were killed by the native-born men of Gath, when they went down to seize their livestock.
- Their father Ephraim mourned for them many days, and his relatives came to comfort him.
- Then he made love to his wife again, and she became pregnant and gave birth to a son. He named him Beriah,[c] because there had been misfortune in his family.
- His daughter was Sheerah, who built Lower and Upper Beth Horon as well as Uzzen Sheerah.
- Rephah was his son, Resheph his son,[d] Telah his son, Tahan his son,
- Ladan his son, Ammihud his son, Elishama his son,
- Nun his son and Joshua his son.
- Their lands and settlements included Bethel and its surrounding villages, Naaran to the east, Gezer and its villages to the west, and Shechem and its villages all the way to Ayyah and its villages.
- Along the borders of Manasseh were Beth Shan, Taanach, Megiddo and Dor, together with their villages. The descendants of Joseph son of Israel lived in these towns.
- The sons of Asher: Imnah, Ishvah, Ishvi and Beriah. Their sister was Serah.
- The sons of Beriah: Heber and Malkiel, who was the father of Birzaith.
- Heber was the father of Japhlet, Shomer and Hotham and of their sister Shua.
- The sons of Japhlet: Pasak, Bimhal and Ashvath. These were Japhlet’s sons.
- The sons of Shomer: Ahi, Rohgah,[e] Hubbah and Aram.
- The sons of his brother Helem: Zophah, Imna, Shelesh and Amal.
- The sons of Zophah: Suah, Harnepher, Shual, Beri, Imrah,
- Bezer, Hod, Shamma, Shilshah, Ithran[f] and Beera.
- The sons of Jether: Jephunneh, Pispah and Ara.
- The sons of Ulla: Arah, Hanniel and Rizia.
- All these were descendants of Asher—heads of families, choice men, brave warriors and outstanding leaders. The number of men ready for battle, as listed in their genealogy, was 26,000.
a. 1 Chronicles 7:12 Or Ir. The sons of Dan: Hushim, (see Gen. 46:23); Hebrew does not have The sons of Dan.
b. 1 Chronicles 7:13 Some Hebrew and Septuagint manuscripts (see also Gen. 46:24 and Num. 26:49); most Hebrew manuscripts Shallum
c. 1 Chronicles 7:23 Beriah sounds like the Hebrew for misfortune.
d. 1 Chronicles 7:25 Some Septuagint manuscripts; Hebrew does not have his son.
e. 1 Chronicles 7:34 Or of his brother Shomer: Rohgah
f. 1 Chronicles 7:37 Possibly a variant of Jether
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
1 Chronicles 7 – King James Version (KJV)
Sons of Issachar
- Now the sons of Issachar were, Tola, and Puah, Jashub, and Shimrom, four.
- And the sons of Tola; Uzzi, and Rephaiah, and Jeriel, and Jahmai, and Jibsam, and Shemuel, heads of their father’s house, to wit, of Tola: they were valiant men of might in their generations; whose number was in the days of David two and twenty thousand and six hundred.
- And the sons of Uzzi; Izrahiah: and the sons of Izrahiah; Michael, and Obadiah, and Joel, Ishiah, five: all of them chief men.
- And with them, by their generations, after the house of their fathers, were bands of soldiers for war, six and thirty thousand men: for they had many wives and sons.
- And their brethren among all the families of Issachar were valiant men of might, reckoned in all by their genealogies fourscore and seven thousand.
Benjamin and Naphtali
- The sons of Benjamin; Bela, and Becher, and Jediael, three.
- And the sons of Bela; Ezbon, and Uzzi, and Uzziel, and Jerimoth, and Iri, five; heads of the house of their fathers, mighty men of valour; and were reckoned by their genealogies twenty and two thousand and thirty and four.
- And the sons of Becher; Zemira, and Joash, and Eliezer, and Elioenai, and Omri, and Jerimoth, and Abiah, and Anathoth, and Alameth. All these are the sons of Becher.
- And the number of them, after their genealogy by their generations, heads of the house of their fathers, mighty men of valour, was twenty thousand and two hundred.
- The sons also of Jediael; Bilhan: and the sons of Bilhan; Jeush, and Benjamin, and Ehud, and Chenaanah, and Zethan, and Tharshish, and Ahishahar.
- All these the sons of Jediael, by the heads of their fathers, mighty men of valour, were seventeen thousand and two hundred soldiers, fit to go out for war and battle.
- Shuppim also, and Huppim, the children of Ir, and Hushim, the sons of Aher.
- The sons of Naphtali; Jahziel, and Guni, and Jezer, and Shallum, the sons of Bilhah.
- The sons of Manasseh; Ashriel, whom she bare: (but his concubine the Aramitess bare Machir the father of Gilead:
- and Machir took to wife the sister of Huppim and Shuppim, whose sister’s name was Maachah;) and the name of the second was Zelophehad: and Zelophehad had daughters.
- And Maachah the wife of Machir bare a son, and she called his name Peresh; and the name of his brother was Sheresh; and his sons were Ulam and Rakem.
- And the sons of Ulam; Bedan. These were the sons of Gilead, the son of Machir, the son of Manasseh.
- And his sister Hammoleketh bare Ishod, and Abiezer, and Mahalah.
- And the sons of Shemidah were, Ahian, and Shechem, and Likhi, and Aniam.
- And the sons of Ephraim; Shuthelah, and Bered his son, and Tahath his son, and Eladah his son, and Tahath his son,
- and Zabad his son, and Shuthelah his son, and Ezer, and Elead, whom the men of Gath that were born in that land slew, because they came down to take away their cattle.
- And Ephraim their father mourned many days, and his brethren came to comfort him.
- And when he went in to his wife, she conceived, and bare a son, and he called his name Beriah, because it went evil with his house.
- (And his daughter was Sherah, who built Beth-horon the nether, and the upper, and Uzzen-sherah.)
- And Rephah was his son, also Resheph, and Telah his son, and Tahan his son,
- Laadan his son, Ammihud his son, Elishama his son,
- Non his son, Jehoshuah his son.
- And their possessions and habitations were, Beth-el and the towns thereof, and eastward Naaran, and westward Gezer, with the towns thereof; Shechem also and the towns thereof, unto Gaza and the towns thereof:
- and by the borders of the children of Manasseh, Beth-shean and her towns, Taanach and her towns, Megiddo and her towns, Dor and her towns. In these dwelt the children of Joseph the son of Israel.
Sons of Asher
- The sons of Asher; Imnah, and Isuah, and Ishuai, and Beriah, and Serah their sister.
- And the sons of Beriah; Heber, and Malchiel, who is the father of Birzavith.
- And Heber begat Japhlet, and Shomer, and Hotham, and Shua their sister.
- And the sons of Japhlet; Pasach, and Bimhal, and Ashvath. These are the children of Japhlet.
- And the sons of Shamer; Ahi, and Rohgah, Jehubbah, and Aram.
- And the sons of his brother Helem; Zophah, and Imna, and Shelesh, and Amal.
- The sons of Zophah; Suah, and Harnepher, and Shual, and Beri, and Imrah,
- Bezer, and Hod, and Shamma, and Shilshah, and Ithran, and Beera.
- And the sons of Jether; Jephunneh, and Pispah, and Ara.
- And the sons of Ulla; Arah, and Haniel, and Rezia.
- All these were the children of Asher, heads of their father’s house, choice and mighty men of valour, chief of the princes. And the number throughout the genealogy of them that were apt to the war and to battle was twenty and six thousand men.