1 Thessalonians 1 – New International Version (NIV)
- Paul, Silas[a] and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace and peace to you.
Thanksgiving for the Thessalonians’ Faith
- We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers.
- We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- For we know, brothers and sisters[b] loved by God, that he has chosen you,
- because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake.
- You became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you welcomed the message in the midst of severe suffering with the joy given by the Holy Spirit.
- And so you became a model to all the believers in Macedonia and Achaia.
- The Lord’s message rang out from you not only in Macedonia and Achaia—your faith in God has become known everywhere. Therefore we do not need to say anything about it,
- for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God,
- and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
1 Thessalonians 1 – King James Version (KJV)
- Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers;
- Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
- Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.
- For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.
- And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.
- So that ye were ensamples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia.
- For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing.
- For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;
- And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.