2 Timothy 4 – New International Version (NIV)
- In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge:
- Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.
- For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
- They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
- But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.
- For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near.
- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
- Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
- Do your best to come to me quickly,
- for Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia.
- Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, because he is helpful to me in my ministry.
- I sent Tychicus to Ephesus.
- When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas, and my scrolls, especially the parchments.
- Alexander the metalworker did me a great deal of harm. The Lord will repay him for what he has done.
- You too should be on your guard against him, because he strongly opposed our message.
- At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them.
- But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion’s mouth.
- The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
- Greet Priscilla[a] and Aquila and the household of Onesiphorus.
- Erastus stayed in Corinth, and I left Trophimus sick in Miletus.
- Do your best to get here before winter. Eubulus greets you, and so do Pudens, Linus, Claudia and all the brothers and sisters.[b]
- The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you all.
2 Timothy 4 – King James Version (KJV)
- I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
- Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
- For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
- And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
- But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
- For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
- I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
- Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
- Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me:
- For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.
- Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry.
- And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus.
- The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.
- Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:
- Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words.
- At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.
- Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.
- And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
- Salute Prisca and Aquila, and the household of Onesiphorus.
- Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick.
- Do thy diligence to come before winter. Eubulus greeteth thee, and Pudens, and Linus, and Claudia, and all the brethren.
- The Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit. Grace be with you. Amen.