Ephesians 3 – New International Version (NIV)
God’s Marvelous Plan for the Gentiles
- For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles—
- Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you,
- that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly.
- In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,
- which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets.
- This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.
- I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power.
- Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ,
- and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.
- His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms,
- according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.
- I ask you, therefore, not to be discouraged because of my sufferings for you, which are your glory.
A Prayer for the Ephesians
- For this reason I kneel before the Father,
- from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name.
- I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
- so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,
- may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,
- and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
- Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,
- to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Ephesians 3 – King James Version (KJV)
- For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
- If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
- How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
- Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
- Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
- That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
- Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
- Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
- And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
- To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
- According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
- In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.
- Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
- For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
- Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
- That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
- That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
- May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
- And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
- Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
- Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.