Isaiah 15 – New International Version (NIV)
A Prophecy Against Moab
- A prophecy against Moab: Ar in Moab is ruined, destroyed in a night! Kir in Moab is ruined, destroyed in a night!
- Dibon goes up to its temple, to its high places to weep; Moab wails over Nebo and Medeba. Every head is shaved and every beard cut off.
- In the streets they wear sackcloth; on the roofs and in the public squares they all wail, prostrate with weeping.
- Heshbon and Elealeh cry out, their voices are heard all the way to Jahaz. Therefore the armed men of Moab cry out, and their hearts are faint.
- My heart cries out over Moab; her fugitives flee as far as Zoar, as far as Eglath Shelishiyah. They go up the hill to Luhith, weeping as they go; on the road to Horonaim they lament their destruction.
- The waters of Nimrim are dried up and the grass is withered; the vegetation is gone and nothing green is left.
- So the wealth they have acquired and stored up they carry away over the Ravine of the Poplars.
- Their outcry echoes along the border of Moab; their wailing reaches as far as Eglaim, their lamentation as far as Beer Elim.
- The waters of Dimon[a] are full of blood, but I will bring still more upon Dimon[b]—a lion upon the fugitives of Moab and upon those who remain in the land.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Isaiah 15 – King James Version (KJV)
- The burden of Moab. Because in the night Ar of Moab is laid waste, and brought to silence; Because in the night Kir of Moab is laid waste, and brought to silence;
- He is gone up to Bajith, and to Dibon, the high places, to weep: Moab shall howl over Nebo, and over Medeba: on all their heads shall be baldness, and every beard cut off.
- In their streets they shall gird themselves with sackcloth: on the tops of their houses, and in their streets, every one shall howl, weeping abundantly.
- And Heshbon shall cry, and Elealeh: their voice shall be heard even unto Jahaz: therefore the armed soldiers of Moab shall cry out; his life shall be grievous unto him.
- My heart shall cry out for Moab; his fugitives shall flee unto Zoar, an heifer of three years old: for by the mounting up of Luhith with weeping shall they go it up; for in the way of Horonaim they shall raise up a cry of destruction.
- For the waters of Nimrim shall be desolate: for the hay is withered away, the grass faileth, there is no green thing.
- Therefore the abundance they have gotten, and that which they have laid up, shall they carry away to the brook of the willows.
- For the cry is gone round about the borders of Moab; the howling thereof unto Eglaim, and the howling thereof unto Beerelim.
- For the waters of Dimon shall be full of blood: for I will bring more upon Dimon, lions upon him that escapeth of Moab, and upon the remnant of the land.