Psalm 115 – New International Version (NIV)
- Not to us, Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.
- Why do the nations say, “Where is their God?”
- Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him.
- But their idols are silver and gold, made by human hands.
- They have mouths, but cannot speak, eyes, but cannot see.
- They have ears, but cannot hear, noses, but cannot smell.
- They have hands, but cannot feel, feet, but cannot walk, nor can they utter a sound with their throats.
- Those who make them will be like them, and so will all who trust in them.
- All you Israelites, trust in the Lord— he is their help and shield.
- House of Aaron, trust in the Lord— he is their help and shield.
- You who fear him, trust in the Lord— he is their help and shield.
- The Lord remembers us and will bless us: He will bless his people Israel, he will bless the house of Aaron,
- he will bless those who fear the Lord— small and great alike.
- May the Lord cause you to flourish, both you and your children.
- May you be blessed by the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
- The highest heavens belong to the Lord, but the earth he has given to mankind.
- It is not the dead who praise the Lord, those who go down to the place of silence;
- it is we who extol the Lord, both now and forevermore. Praise the Lord.[a]
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 115 – King James Version (KJV)
- Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, For thy mercy, and for thy truth’s sake.
- Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is now their God?
- But our God is in the heavens: He hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.
- Their idols are silver and gold, The work of men’s hands.
- They have mouths, but they speak not: Eyes have they, but they see not:
- They have ears, but they hear not: Noses have they, but they smell not:
- They have hands, but they handle not: Feet have they, but they walk not: Neither speak they through their throat.
- They that make them are like unto them; So is every one that trusteth in them.
- O Israel, trust thou in the LORD: He is their help and their shield.
- O house of Aaron, trust in the LORD: He is their help and their shield.
- Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD: He is their help and their shield.
- The LORD hath been mindful of us: he will bless us; He will bless the house of Israel; He will bless the house of Aaron.
- He will bless them that fear the LORD, both small and great.
- The LORD shall increase you more and more, You and your children.
- Ye are blessed of the LORD Which made heaven and earth.
- The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD’s: But the earth hath he given to the children of men.
- The dead praise not the LORD, Neither any that go down into silence.
- But we will bless the LORD From this time forth and for evermore. Praise the LORD.