Psalm 120 – New International Version (NIV)
A song of ascents.
- I call on the Lord in my distress, and he answers me.
- Save me, Lord, from lying lips and from deceitful tongues.
- What will he do to you, and what more besides, you deceitful tongue?
- He will punish you with a warrior’s sharp arrows, with burning coals of the broom bush.
- Woe to me that I dwell in Meshek, that I live among the tents of Kedar!
- Too long have I lived among those who hate peace.
- I am for peace; but when I speak, they are for war.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 120 – King James Version (KJV)
A Song of degrees.
- In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me.
- Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, And from a deceitful tongue.
- What shall be given unto thee? or what shall be done unto thee, thou false tongue?
- Sharp arrows of the mighty, with coals of juniper.
- Woe is me, that I sojourn in Mesech, That I dwell in the tents of Kedar!
- My soul hath long dwelt With him that hateth peace.
- I am for peace: But when I speak, they are for war.