Psalm 122 – New International Version (NIV)
A song of ascents. Of David.
- I rejoiced with those who said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord.”
- Our feet are standing in your gates, Jerusalem.
- Jerusalem is built like a city that is closely compacted together.
- That is where the tribes go up— the tribes of the Lord— to praise the name of the Lord according to the statute given to Israel.
- There stand the thrones for judgment, the thrones of the house of David.
- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May those who love you be secure.
- May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels.”
- For the sake of my family and friends, I will say, “Peace be within you.”
- For the sake of the house of the Lord our God, I will seek your prosperity.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 122 – King James Version (KJV)
A Song of degrees of David.
- I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.
- Our feet shall stand Within thy gates, O Jerusalem.
- Jerusalem is builded As a city that is compact together:
- Whither the tribes go up, the tribes of the LORD, Unto the testimony of Israel, to give thanks unto the name of the LORD.
- For there are set thrones of judgment, The thrones of the house of David.
- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: They shall prosper that love thee.
- Peace be within thy walls, And prosperity within thy palaces.
- For my brethren and companions’ sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.
- Because of the house of the LORD our God I will seek thy good.