Psalm 123 – New International Version (NIV)
A song of ascents.
- I lift up my eyes to you, to you who sit enthroned in heaven.
- As the eyes of slaves look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a female slave look to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the Lord our God, till he shows us his mercy.
- Have mercy on us, Lord, have mercy on us, for we have endured no end of contempt.
- We have endured no end of ridicule from the arrogant, of contempt from the proud.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 123 – King James Version (KJV)
A Song of degrees.
- Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens.
- Behold, as the eyes of servants Look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress So our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, Until that he have mercy upon us.
- Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us: For we are exceedingly filled with contempt.
- Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, And with the contempt of the proud.