Psalm 127 – New International Version (NIV)
A song of ascents. Of Solomon.
- Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain.
- In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat— for he grants sleep to[a] those he loves.
- Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him.
- Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
- Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.
Psalm 127 – King James Version (KJV)
A Song of degrees for Solomon.
- Except the LORD build the house, They labour in vain that build it: Except the LORD keep the city, The watchman waketh but in vain.
- It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: For so he giveth his beloved sleep.
- Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: And the fruit of the womb is his reward.
- As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; So are children of the youth.
- Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: They shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.