Psalm 132 – New International Version (NIV)
A song of ascents.
- Lord, remember David and all his self-denial.
- He swore an oath to the Lord, he made a vow to the Mighty One of Jacob:
- “I will not enter my house or go to my bed,
- I will allow no sleep to my eyes or slumber to my eyelids,
- till I find a place for the Lord, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob.”
- We heard it in Ephrathah, we came upon it in the fields of Jaar:[a]
- “Let us go to his dwelling place, let us worship at his footstool, saying,
- ‘Arise, Lord, and come to your resting place, you and the ark of your might.
- May your priests be clothed with your righteousness; may your faithful people sing for joy.’”
- For the sake of your servant David, do not reject your anointed one.
- The Lord swore an oath to David, a sure oath he will not revoke: “One of your own descendants I will place on your throne.
- If your sons keep my covenant and the statutes I teach them, then their sons will sit on your throne for ever and ever.”
- For the Lord has chosen Zion, he has desired it for his dwelling, saying,
- “This is my resting place for ever and ever; here I will sit enthroned, for I have desired it.
- I will bless her with abundant provisions; her poor I will satisfy with food.
- I will clothe her priests with salvation, and her faithful people will ever sing for joy.
- “Here I will make a horn[b] grow for David and set up a lamp for my anointed one.
- I will clothe his enemies with shame, but his head will be adorned with a radiant crown.”
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 132 – King James Version (KJV)
A Song of degrees.
- LORD, remember David, And all his afflictions:
- How he sware unto the LORD, And vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob;
- Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, Nor go up into my bed;
- I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids,
- Until I find out a place for the LORD, An habitation for the mighty God of Jacob.
- Lo, we heard of it at Ephratah: We found it in the fields of the wood.
- We will go into his tabernacles: We will worship at his footstool.
- Arise, O LORD, into thy rest; Thou, and the ark of thy strength.
- Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness; And let thy saints shout for joy.
- For thy servant David’s sake Turn not away the face of thine anointed.
- The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; He will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body Will I set upon thy throne.
- If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, Their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore.
- For the LORD hath chosen Zion; He hath desired it for his habitation.
- This is my rest for ever: Here will I dwell; for I have desired it.
- I will abundantly bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread.
- I will also clothe her priests with salvation: And her saints shall shout aloud for joy.
- There will I make the horn of David to bud: I have ordained a lamp for mine anointed.
- His enemies will I clothe with shame: But upon himself shall his crown flourish.