Psalm 135 – New International Version (NIV)
- Praise the Lord.[a] Praise the name of the Lord; praise him, you servants of the Lord,
- you who minister in the house of the Lord, in the courts of the house of our God.
- Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; sing praise to his name, for that is pleasant.
- For the Lord has chosen Jacob to be his own, Israel to be his treasured possession.
- I know that the Lord is great, that our Lord is greater than all gods.
- The Lord does whatever pleases him, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all their depths.
- He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth; he sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses.
- He struck down the firstborn of Egypt, the firstborn of people and animals.
- He sent his signs and wonders into your midst, Egypt, against Pharaoh and all his servants.
- He struck down many nations and killed mighty kings—
- Sihon king of the Amorites, Og king of Bashan, and all the kings of Canaan—
- and he gave their land as an inheritance, an inheritance to his people Israel.
- Your name, Lord, endures forever, your renown, Lord, through all generations.
- For the Lord will vindicate his people and have compassion on his servants.
- The idols of the nations are silver and gold, made by human hands.
- They have mouths, but cannot speak, eyes, but cannot see.
- They have ears, but cannot hear, nor is there breath in their mouths.
- Those who make them will be like them, and so will all who trust in them.
- All you Israelites, praise the Lord; house of Aaron, praise the Lord;
- house of Levi, praise the Lord; you who fear him, praise the Lord.
- Praise be to the Lord from Zion, to him who dwells in Jerusalem. Praise the Lord.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 135 – King James Version (KJV)
- Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the name of the LORD; Praise him, O ye servants of the LORD.
- Ye that stand in the house of the LORD, In the courts of the house of our God,
- Praise the LORD; for the LORD is good: Sing praises unto his name; for it is pleasant.
- For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, And Israel for his peculiar treasure.
- For I know that the LORD is great, And that our Lord is above all gods.
- Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, In the seas, and all deep places.
- He causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; He maketh lightnings for the rain; He bringeth the wind out of his treasuries.
- Who smote the firstborn of Egypt, Both of man and beast.
- Who sent tokens and wonders into the midst of thee, O Egypt, Upon Pharaoh, and upon all his servants.
- Who smote great nations, And slew mighty kings;
- Sihon king of the Amorites, and Og king of Bashan, And all the kingdoms of Canaan:
- And gave their land for an heritage, An heritage unto Israel his people.
- Thy name, O LORD, endureth for ever; And thy memorial, O LORD, throughout all generations.
- For the LORD will judge his people, And he will repent himself concerning his servants.
- The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men’s hands.
- They have mouths, but they speak not; Eyes have they, but they see not;
- They have ears, but they hear not; Neither is there any breath in their mouths.
- They that make them are like unto them: So is every one that trusteth in them.
- Bless the LORD, O house of Israel: Bless the LORD, O house of Aaron:
- Bless the LORD, O house of Levi: Ye that fear the LORD, bless the LORD.
- Blessed be the LORD out of Zion, Which dwelleth at Jerusalem. Praise ye the LORD.