Psalm 138 – New International Version (NIV)
- I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the “gods” I will sing your praise.
- I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness, for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame.
- When I called, you answered me; you greatly emboldened me.
- May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord, when they hear what you have decreed.
- May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great.
- Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.
- Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.
- The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 138 – King James Version (KJV)
A Psalm of David.
- I will praise thee with my whole heart: Before the gods will I sing praise unto thee.
- I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: For thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
- In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, And strengthenedst me with strength in my soul. 4All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O LORD, When they hear the words of thy mouth.
- Yea, they shall sing in the ways of the LORD: For great is the glory of the LORD.
- Though the LORD be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: But the proud he knoweth afar off.
- Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: Thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.
- The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: Thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: Forsake not the works of thine own hands.