Psalm 141 – New International Version (NIV)
A psalm of David.
- I call to you, Lord, come quickly to me; hear me when I call to you.
- May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.
- Set a guard over my mouth, Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips.
- Do not let my heart be drawn to what is evil so that I take part in wicked deeds along with those who are evildoers; do not let me eat their delicacies.
- Let a righteous man strike me—that is a kindness; let him rebuke me—that is oil on my head. My head will not refuse it, for my prayer will still be against the deeds of evildoers.
- Their rulers will be thrown down from the cliffs, and the wicked will learn that my words were well spoken.
- They will say, “As one plows and breaks up the earth, so our bones have been scattered at the mouth of the grave.”
- But my eyes are fixed on you, Sovereign Lord; in you I take refuge—do not give me over to death.
- Keep me safe from the traps set by evildoers, from the snares they have laid for me.
- Let the wicked fall into their own nets, while I pass by in safety.
Psalm 141 – King James Version (KJV)
A Psalm of David.
- LORD, I cry unto thee: make haste unto me; Give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto thee.
- Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; And the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
- Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; Keep the door of my lips.
- Incline not my heart to any evil thing, To practise wicked works with men that work iniquity: And let me not eat of their dainties.
- Let the righteous smite me; It shall be a kindness: And let him reprove me; It shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: For yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.
- When their judges are overthrown in stony places, They shall hear my words; for they are sweet.
- Our bones are scattered at the grave’s mouth, As when one cutteth and cleaveth wood upon the earth.
- But mine eyes are unto thee, O GOD the Lord: In thee is my trust; leave not my soul destitute.
- Keep me from the snares which they have laid for me, and the gins of the workers of iniquity.
- Let the wicked fall into their own nets, whilst that I withal escape.