Psalm 143 – New International Version (NIV)
A psalm of David.
- Lord, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief.
- Do not bring your servant into judgment, for no one living is righteous before you.
- The enemy pursues me, he crushes me to the ground; he makes me dwell in the darkness like those long dead.
- So my spirit grows faint within me; my heart within me is dismayed.
- I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done.
- I spread out my hands to you; I thirst for you like a parched land.[a]
- Answer me quickly, Lord; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
- Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.
- Rescue me from my enemies, Lord, for I hide myself in you.
- Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
- For your name’s sake, Lord, preserve my life; in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.
- In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 143 – King James Version (KJV)
A Psalm of David.
- Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: In thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy righteousness.
- And enter not into judgment with thy servant: For in thy sight shall no man living be justified.
- For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; He hath smitten my life down to the ground; He hath made me to dwell in darkness, as those that have been long dead.
- Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; My heart within me is desolate.
- I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.
- I stretch forth my hands unto thee: My soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah.
- Hear me speedily, O LORD: my spirit faileth: Hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.
- Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; For in thee do I trust: Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; For I lift up my soul unto thee.
- Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me.
- Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: Thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
- Quicken me, O LORD, for thy name’s sake: For thy righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble.
- And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, And destroy all them that afflict my soul: For I am thy servant.