Psalm 146 – New International Version (NIV)
- Praise the Lord.[a] Praise the Lord, my soul.
- I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
- Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save.
- When their spirit departs, they return to the ground; on that very day their plans come to nothing.
- Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord their God.
- He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever.
- He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets prisoners free,
- the Lord gives sight to the blind, the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down, the Lord loves the righteous.
- The Lord watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.
- The Lord reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the Lord.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 146 – King James Version (KJV)
- Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.
- While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
- Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, In whom there is no help.
- His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; In that very day his thoughts perish.
- Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the LORD his God:
- Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: Which keepeth truth for ever:
- Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: Which giveth food to the hungry. The LORD looseth the prisoners:
- The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: The LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: The LORD loveth the righteous:
- The LORD preserveth the strangers; He relieveth the fatherless and widow: But the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.
- The LORD shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, Unto all generations. Praise ye the LORD.