Psalm 148 – New International Version (NIV)
- Praise the Lord.[a] Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise him in the heights above.
- Praise him, all his angels; praise him, all his heavenly hosts.
- Praise him, sun and moon; praise him, all you shining stars.
- Praise him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies.
- Let them praise the name of the Lord, for at his command they were created,
- and he established them for ever and ever— he issued a decree that will never pass away.
- Praise the Lord from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths,
- lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding,
- you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars,
- wild animals and all cattle, small creatures and flying birds,
- kings of the earth and all nations, you princes and all rulers on earth,
- young men and women, old men and children.
- Let them praise the name of the Lord, for his name alone is exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.
- And he has raised up for his people a horn,[b] the praise of all his faithful servants, of Israel, the people close to his heart. Praise the Lord.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 148 – King James Version (KJV)
- Praise ye the Lord. Praise ye the Lord from the heavens: praise him in the heights.
- Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts.
- Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.
- Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.
- Let them praise the name of the Lord: for he commanded, and they were created.
- He hath also stablished them for ever and ever: he hath made a decree which shall not pass.
- Praise the Lord from the earth, ye dragons, and all deeps:
- Fire, and hail; snow, and vapours; stormy wind fulfilling his word:
- Mountains, and all hills; fruitful trees, and all cedars:
- Beasts, and all cattle; creeping things, and flying fowl:
- Kings of the earth, and all people; princes, and all judges of the earth:
- Both young men, and maidens; old men, and children:
- Let them praise the name of the Lord: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.
- He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the Lord.