Psalm 16 – New International Version (NIV)
A miktam[a] of David.
- Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge.
- I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.”
- I say of the holy people who are in the land, “They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.”
- Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more. I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods or take up their names on my lips.
- Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.
- The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
- I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.
- I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
- Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,
- because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful[b] one see decay.
- You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 16 – King James Version (KJV)
Michtam of David.
- Preserve me, O God: For in thee do I put my trust.
- O my soul, thou hast said unto the LORD, Thou art my Lord: My goodness extendeth not to thee;
- But to the saints that are in the earth, And to the excellent, in whom is all my delight.
- Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: Their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, Nor take up their names into my lips.
- The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: Thou maintainest my lot.
- The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; Yea, I have a goodly heritage.
- I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: My reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
- I have set the LORD always before me: Because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
- Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: My flesh also shall rest in hope.
- For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; Neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
- Thou wilt shew me the path of life: In thy presence is fulness of joy; At thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.