Psalm 19 – New International Version (NIV)
For the director of music. A psalm of David.
- The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
- Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge.
- They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them.
- Yet their voice[b] goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
- It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
- It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is deprived of its warmth.
- The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
- The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
- The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever. The decrees of the Lord are firm, and all of them are righteous.
- They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the honeycomb.
- By them your servant is warned; in keeping them there is great reward.
- But who can discern their own errors? Forgive my hidden faults.
- Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then I will be blameless, innocent of great transgression.
- May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 19 – King James Version (KJV)
To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.
- The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament sheweth his handywork.
- Day unto day uttereth speech, And night unto night sheweth knowledge.
- There is no speech nor language, Where their voice is not heard.
- Their line is gone out through all the earth, And their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
- Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
- His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: And there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
- The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
- The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
- The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: The judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
- More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
- Moreover by them is thy servant warned: And in keeping of them there is great reward.
- Who can understand his errors? Cleanse thou me from secret faults.
- Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; Let them not have dominion over me: Then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
- Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.