Psalm 21 – New International Version (NIV)
For the director of music. A psalm of David.
- The king rejoices in your strength, Lord. How great is his joy in the victories you give!
- You have granted him his heart’s desire and have not withheld the request of his lips.[b]
- You came to greet him with rich blessings and placed a crown of pure gold on his head.
- He asked you for life, and you gave it to him— length of days, for ever and ever.
- Through the victories you gave, his glory is great; you have bestowed on him splendor and majesty.
- Surely you have granted him unending blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence.
- For the king trusts in the Lord; through the unfailing love of the Most High he will not be shaken.
- Your hand will lay hold on all your enemies; your right hand will seize your foes.
- When you appear for battle, you will burn them up as in a blazing furnace. The Lord will swallow them up in his wrath, and his fire will consume them.
- You will destroy their descendants from the earth, their posterity from mankind.
- Though they plot evil against you and devise wicked schemes, they cannot succeed.
- You will make them turn their backs when you aim at them with drawn bow.
- Be exalted in your strength, Lord; we will sing and praise your might.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 21 – King James Version (KJV)
To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.
- The king shall joy in thy strength, O LORD; And in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!
- Thou hast given him his heart’s desire, And hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah.
- For thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness: Thou settest a crown of pure gold on his head.
- He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, Even length of days for ever and ever.
- His glory is great in thy salvation: Honour and majesty hast thou laid upon him.
- For thou hast made him most blessed for ever: Thou hast made him exceeding glad with thy countenance.
- For the king trusteth in the LORD, And through the mercy of the Most High he shall not be moved.
- Thine hand shall find out all thine enemies: Thy right hand shall find out those that hate thee.
- Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: The LORD shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them.
- Their fruit shalt thou destroy from the earth, And their seed from among the children of men.
- For they intended evil against thee: They imagined a mischievous device, which they are not able to perform.
- Therefore shalt thou make them turn their back, When thou shalt make ready thine arrows upon thy strings against the face of them.
- Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength: So will we sing and praise thy power.