Psalm 23 – New International Version (NIV)
A psalm of David.
- The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
- He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
- he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.
- Even though I walk through the darkest valley,[a] I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
- Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 23 – King James Version (KJV)
A Psalm of David.
- The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
- He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
- He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
- Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
- Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: And I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.