Psalm 24 – New International Version (NIV)
Of David. A psalm.
- The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;
- for he founded it on the seas and established it on the waters.
- Who may ascend the mountain of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place?
- The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not trust in an idol or swear by a false god.[a]
- They will receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God their Savior.
- Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, God of Jacob.[b][c]
- Lift up your heads, you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.
- Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.
- Lift up your heads, you gates; lift them up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.
- Who is he, this King of glory? The Lord Almighty—he is the King of glory.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 24 – King James Version (KJV)
A Psalm of David.
- The earth is the LORD’s, and the fulness thereof; The world, and they that dwell therein.
- For he hath founded it upon the seas, And established it upon the floods.
- Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who shall stand in his holy place?
- He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; Who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
- He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, And righteousness from the God of his salvation.
- This is the generation of them that seek him, That seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
- Lift up your heads, O ye gates; And be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; And the King of glory shall come in.
- Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
- Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; And the King of glory shall come in.
- Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.