Psalm 25 – New International Version (NIV)
- In you, Lord my God, I put my trust.
- I trust in you; do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.
- No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame, but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause.
- Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths.
- Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
- Remember, Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old.
- Do not remember the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you, Lord, are good.
- Good and upright is the Lord; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
- He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
- All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful toward those who keep the demands of his covenant.
- For the sake of your name, Lord, forgive my iniquity, though it is great.
- Who, then, are those who fear the Lord? He will instruct them in the ways they should choose.[b]
- They will spend their days in prosperity, and their descendants will inherit the land.
- The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.
- My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare.
- Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted.
- Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish.
- Look on my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins.
- See how numerous are my enemies and how fiercely they hate me!
- Guard my life and rescue me; do not let me be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.
- May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope, Lord,[c] is in you.
- Deliver Israel, O God, from all their troubles!
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 25 – King James Version (KJV)
A Psalm of David.
- Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.
- O my God, I trust in thee:
Let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
- Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: Let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.
- Shew me thy ways, O LORD; Teach me thy paths.
- Lead me in thy truth, and teach me:
For thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
- Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; For they have been ever of old.
- Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: According to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness’ sake, O LORD.
- Good and upright is the LORD: Therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
- The meek will he guide in judgment: And the meek will he teach his way.
- All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth Unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
- For thy name’s sake, O LORD, Pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.
- What man is he that feareth the LORD? Him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.
- His soul shall dwell at ease; And his seed shall inherit the earth.
- The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; And he will shew them his covenant.
- Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD; For he shall pluck my feet out of the net.
- Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; For I am desolate and afflicted.
- The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
- Look upon mine affliction and my pain; And forgive all my sins.
- Consider mine enemies; for they are many; And they hate me with cruel hatred.
- O keep my soul, and deliver me: Let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
- Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; For I wait on thee.
- Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.