Psalm 27 – New International Version (NIV)
- The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?
- When the wicked advance against me to devour[a] me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall.
- Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident.
- One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
- For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.
- Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord.
- Hear my voice when I call, Lord; be merciful to me and answer me.
- My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, Lord, I will seek.
- Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, God my Savior.
- Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.
- Teach me your way, Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors.
- Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, spouting malicious accusations.
- I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
- Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 27 – King James Version (KJV)
A Psalm of David.
- The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
- When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, They stumbled and fell.
- Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: Though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
- One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
- For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: In the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
- And now shall mine head be lifted up, Above mine enemies round about me: Therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.
- Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
- When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.
- Hide not thy face far from me; Put not thy servant away in anger: Thou hast been my help; Leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
- When my father and my mother forsake me, Then the LORD will take me up.
- Teach me thy way, O LORD, And lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
- Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: For false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
- I had fainted, Unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
- Wait on the LORD: Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.