Psalm 28 – New International Version (NIV)
- To you, Lord, I call; you are my Rock, do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you remain silent, I will be like those who go down to the pit.
- Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place.
- Do not drag me away with the wicked, with those who do evil, who speak cordially with their neighbors but harbor malice in their hearts.
- Repay them for their deeds and for their evil work; repay them for what their hands have done and bring back on them what they deserve.
- Because they have no regard for the deeds of the Lord and what his hands have done, he will tear them down and never build them up again.
- Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy.
- The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
- The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
- Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 28 – King James Version (KJV)
A Psalm of David.
- Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: Lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.
- Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, When I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.
- Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, Which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.
- Give them according to their deeds, And according to the wickedness of their endeavours: Give them after the work of their hands; Render to them their desert.
- Because they regard not the works of the LORD, nor the operation of his hands, He shall destroy them, and not build them up.
- Blessed be the LORD, Because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.
- The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: Therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
- The LORD is their strength, And he is the saving strength of his anointed.
- Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: Feed them also, and lift them up for ever.