Psalm 29 – New International Version (NIV)
A psalm of David.
- Ascribe to the Lord, you heavenly beings, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.
- Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the splendor of his[a] holiness.
- The voice of the Lord is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the Lord thunders over the mighty waters.
- The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is majestic.
- The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars; the Lord breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon.
- He makes Lebanon leap like a calf, Sirion[b] like a young wild ox.
- The voice of the Lord strikes with flashes of lightning.
- The voice of the Lord shakes the desert; the Lord shakes the Desert of Kadesh.
- The voice of the Lord twists the oaks[c] and strips the forests bare. And in his temple all cry, “Glory!”
- The Lord sits enthroned over the flood; the Lord is enthroned as King forever.
- The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 29 – King James Version (KJV)
A Psalm of David.
- Give unto the LORD, O ye mighty, give unto the LORD glory and strength.
- Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; Worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
- The voice of the LORD is upon the waters: The God of glory thundereth: The LORD is upon many waters.
- The voice of the LORD is powerful; The voice of the LORD is full of majesty.
- The voice of the LORD breaketh the cedars; Yea, the LORD breaketh the cedars of Lebanon.
- He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.
- The voice of the LORD divideth the flames of fire.
- The voice of the LORD shaketh the wilderness; the LORD shaketh the wilderness of Kadesh.
- The voice of the LORD maketh the hinds to calve, and discovereth the forests: And in his temple doth every one speak of his glory.
- The LORD sitteth upon the flood; Yea, the LORD sitteth King for ever.
- The LORD will give strength unto his people; The LORD will bless his people with peace.