Psalm 3 – New International Version (NIV)
A psalm of David. When he fled from his son Absalom.
- Lord, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me!
- Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.” [b]
- But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
- I call out to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy mountain.
- I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.
- I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.
- Arise, Lord! Deliver me, my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked.
- From the Lord comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 3 – King James Version (KJV)
A Psalm of David, when he fled from Absalom his son.
- LORD, how are they increased that trouble me! Many are they that rise up against me.
- Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.
- But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; My glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
- I cried unto the LORD with my voice, And he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.
- I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.
- I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, That have set themselves against me round about.
- Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God: For thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; Thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
- Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: Thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.