Psalm 7 – New International Version (NIV)
A shiggaion[b] of David, which he sang to the Lord concerning Cush, a Benjamite.
- Lord my God, I take refuge in you; save and deliver me from all who pursue me,
- or they will tear me apart like a lion and rip me to pieces with no one to rescue me.
- Lord my God, if I have done this and there is guilt on my hands—
- if I have repaid my ally with evil or without cause have robbed my foe—
- then let my enemy pursue and overtake me; let him trample my life to the ground and make me sleep in the dust.[c]
- Arise, Lord, in your anger; rise up against the rage of my enemies. Awake, my God; decree justice.
- Let the assembled peoples gather around you, while you sit enthroned over them on high.
- Let the Lord judge the peoples. Vindicate me, Lord, according to my righteousness, according to my integrity, O Most High.
- Bring to an end the violence of the wicked and make the righteous secure—you, the righteous God who probes minds and hearts.
- My shield[d] is God Most High, who saves the upright in heart.
- God is a righteous judge, a God who displays his wrath every day.
- If he does not relent, he[e] will sharpen his sword; he will bend and string his bow.
- He has prepared his deadly weapons; he makes ready his flaming arrows.
- Whoever is pregnant with evil conceives trouble and gives birth to disillusionment.
- Whoever digs a hole and scoops it out falls into the pit they have made.
- The trouble they cause recoils on them; their violence comes down on their own heads.
- I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High.
Psalm 7 – King James Version (KJV)
Shiggaion of David, which he sang unto the LORD, concerning the words of Cush the Benjamite.
- O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: Save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:
- Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, While there is none to deliver.
- O LORD my God, if I have done this; If there be iniquity in my hands;
- If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (Yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:)
- Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; Yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.
- Arise, O LORD, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: And awake for me to the judgment that thou hast commanded.
- So shall the congregation of the people compass thee about: For their sakes therefore return thou on high.
- The LORD shall judge the people: Judge me, O LORD, According to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.
- Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: For the righteous God Trieth the hearts and reins.
- My defence is of God, Which saveth the upright in heart.
- God judgeth the righteous, And God is angry with the wicked every day.
- If he turn not, he will whet his sword; He hath bent his bow, and made it ready.
- He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; He ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.
- Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, And hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
- He made a pit, and digged it, And is fallen into the ditch which he made.
- His mischief shall return upon his own head, And his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.
- I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: And will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.