Psalm 91 – New International Version (NIV)
- Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
- I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
- Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence.
- He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
- You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
- nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
- A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
- You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
- If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling,
- no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent.
- For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
- they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
- You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
- “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
- He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
- With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 91 – King James Version (KJV)
- He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
- I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: My God; in him will I trust.
- Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, And from the noisome pestilence.
- He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
- Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; Nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
- Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; Nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
- A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; But it shall not come nigh thee.
- Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold And see the reward of the wicked.
- Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, Even the most High, thy habitation;
- There shall no evil befall thee, Neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
- For he shall give his angels charge over thee, To keep thee in all thy ways.
- They shall bear thee up in their hands, Lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
- Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: The young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
- Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
- He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
- With long life will I satisfy him, And shew him my salvation.