Psalm 97 – New International Version (NIV)
- The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice.
- Clouds and thick darkness surround him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne.
- Fire goes before him and consumes his foes on every side.
- His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles.
- The mountains melt like wax before the Lord, before the Lord of all the earth.
- The heavens proclaim his righteousness, and all peoples see his glory.
- All who worship images are put to shame, those who boast in idols—worship him, all you gods!
- Zion hears and rejoices and the villages of Judah are glad because of your judgments, Lord.
- For you, Lord, are the Most High over all the earth; you are exalted far above all gods.
- Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.
- Light shines[a] on the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.
- Rejoice in the Lord, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 97 – King James Version (KJV)
- The LORD reigneth; let the earth rejoice; Let the multitude of isles be glad thereof.
- Clouds and darkness are round about him: Righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne.
- A fire goeth before him, And burneth up his enemies round about.
- His lightnings enlightened the world: The earth saw, and trembled.
- The hills melted like wax at the presence of the LORD, At the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.
- The heavens declare his righteousness, And all the people see his glory.
- Confounded be all they that serve graven images, That boast themselves of idols: Worship him, all ye gods.
- Zion heard, and was glad; And the daughters of Judah rejoiced because of thy judgments, O LORD.
- For thou, LORD, art high above all the earth: Thou art exalted far above all gods.
- Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: He preserveth the souls of his saints; He delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.
- Light is sown for the righteous, And gladness for the upright in heart.
- Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; And give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.