Romans 12 – New International Version (NIV)
A Living Sacrifice
- Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.
- Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Humble Service in the Body of Christ
- For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.
- For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function,
- so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
- We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your[a] faith;
- if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach;
- if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead,[b] do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
Love in Action
- Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
- Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
- Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
- Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
- Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
- Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
- Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
- Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[c] Do not be conceited.
- Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone.
- If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
- Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[d] says the Lord.
- On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”[e]
- Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Romans 12 – King James Version (KJV)
- I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
- And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
- For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
- So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
- Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
- Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
- Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
- Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
- Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
- Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
- Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
- Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
- Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
- Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
- Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
- Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
- If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
- Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
- Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
- Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.