Psalm 32 – New International Version (NIV)
Of David. A maskil.[a]
- Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.
- Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit.
- When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.
- For day and night your hand was heavy on me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer.[b]
- Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin.
- Therefore let all the faithful pray to you while you may be found; surely the rising of the mighty waters will not reach them.
- You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.
- I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
- Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.
- Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord’s unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in him.
- Rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!
Psalm 32 – King James Version (KJV)
A Psalm of David, Maschil.
- Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered.
- Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no guile.
- When I kept silence, my bones waxed old Through my roaring all the day long.
- For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: My moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
- I acknowledged my sin unto thee, And mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; And thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
- For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: Surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.
- Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; Thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
- I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
- Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: Whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.
- Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: But he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.
- Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: And shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.