Psalm 34 – New International Version (NIV)
Of David. When he pretended to be insane before Abimelek, who drove him away, and he left.
- I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.
- I will glory in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
- Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together.
- I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
- Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.
- This poor man called, and the Lord heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles.
- The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.
- Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
- Fear the Lord, you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing.
- The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
- Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
- Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days,
- keep your tongue from evil and your lips from telling lies.
- Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
- The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their cry;
- but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil, to blot out their name from the earth.
- The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.
- The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
- The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all;
- he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.
- Evil will slay the wicked; the foes of the righteous will be condemned.
- The Lord will rescue his servants; no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 34 – King James Version (KJV)
A Psalm of David, when he changed his behaviour before Abimelech; who drove him away, and he departed.
- I will bless the LORD at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
- My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: The humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
- O magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt his name together.
- I sought the LORD, and he heard me, And delivered me from all my fears.
- They looked unto him, and were lightened: And their faces were not ashamed.
- This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, And saved him out of all his troubles.
- The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, And delivereth them.
- O taste and see that the LORD is good: Blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
- O fear the LORD, ye his saints: For there is no want to them that fear him.
- The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: But they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.
- Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
- What man is he that desireth life, And loveth many days, that he may see good?
- Keep thy tongue from evil, And thy lips from speaking guile.
- Depart from evil, and do good; Seek peace, and pursue it.
- The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, And his ears are open unto their cry.
- The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, To cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
- The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, And delivereth them out of all their troubles.
- The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; And saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
- Many are the afflictions of the righteous: But the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
- He keepeth all his bones: Not one of them is broken.
- Evil shall slay the wicked: And they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
- The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: And none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.