Psalm 36 – New International Version (NIV)
For the director of music. Of David the servant of the Lord.
- I have a message from God in my heart concerning the sinfulness of the wicked:[b] There is no fear of God before their eyes.
- In their own eyes they flatter themselves too much to detect or hate their sin.
- The words of their mouths are wicked and deceitful; they fail to act wisely or do good.
- Even on their beds they plot evil; they commit themselves to a sinful course and do not reject what is wrong.
- Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.
- Your righteousness is like the highest mountains, your justice like the great deep. You, Lord, preserve both people and animals.
- How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
- They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights.
- For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.
- Continue your love to those who know you, your righteousness to the upright in heart.
- May the foot of the proud not come against me, nor the hand of the wicked drive me away.
- See how the evildoers lie fallen—thrown down, not able to rise!
Psalm 36 – King James Version (KJV)
To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David the servant of the LORD.
- The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, That there is no fear of God before his eyes.
- For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful.
- The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: He hath left off to be wise, and to do good.
- He deviseth mischief upon his bed; He setteth himself in a way that is not good; He abhorreth not evil.
- Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; And thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.
- Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; Thy judgments are a great deep: O LORD, thou preservest man and beast.
- How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
- They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; And thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.
- For with thee is the fountain of life: In thy light shall we see light.
- O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; And thy righteousness to the upright in heart.
- Let not the foot of pride come against me, And let not the hand of the wicked remove me.
- There are the workers of iniquity fallen: They are cast down, and shall not be able to rise.