Psalm 47 – New International Version (NIV)
For the director of music. Of the Sons of Korah. A psalm.
- Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy.
- For the Lord Most High is awesome, the great King over all the earth.
- He subdued nations under us, peoples under our feet.
- He chose our inheritance for us, the pride of Jacob, whom he loved.[b]
- God has ascended amid shouts of joy, the Lord amid the sounding of trumpets.
- Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises.
- For God is the King of all the earth; sing to him a psalm of praise.
- God reigns over the nations; God is seated on his holy throne.
- The nobles of the nations assemble as the people of the God of Abraham, for the kings[c] of the earth belong to God; he is greatly exalted.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 47 – King James Version (KJV)
To the chief Musician, A Psalm for the sons of Korah.
- O clap your hands, all ye people; Shout unto God with the voice of triumph.
- For the LORD most high is terrible; He is a great King over all the earth.
- He shall subdue the people under us, And the nations under our feet.
- He shall choose our inheritance for us, The excellency of Jacob whom he loved. Selah.
- God is gone up with a shout, The LORD with the sound of a trumpet.
- Sing praises to God, sing praises: Sing praises unto our King, sing praises.
- For God is the King of all the earth: Sing ye praises with understanding.
- God reigneth over the heathen: God sitteth upon the throne of his holiness.
- The princes of the people are gathered together, even the people of the God of Abraham: For the shields of the earth belong unto God: He is greatly exalted.