Psalm 48 – New International Version (NIV)
A song. A psalm of the Sons of Korah
- Great is the Lord, and most worthy of praise, in the city of our God, his holy mountain.
- Beautiful in its loftiness, the joy of the whole earth, like the heights of Zaphon[b] is Mount Zion, the city of the Great King.
- God is in her citadels; he has shown himself to be her fortress.
- When the kings joined forces, when they advanced together,
- they saw her and were astounded; they fled in terror.
- Trembling seized them there, pain like that of a woman in labor.
- You destroyed them like ships of Tarshish shattered by an east wind.
- As we have heard, so we have seen in the city of the Lord Almighty, in the city of our God: God makes her secure forever.[c]
- Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love.
- Like your name, O God, your praise reaches to the ends of the earth; your right hand is filled with righteousness.
- Mount Zion rejoices, the villages of Judah are glad because of your judgments.
- Walk about Zion, go around her, count her towers,
- consider well her ramparts, view her citadels, that you may tell of them to the next generation.
- For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 48 – King James Version (KJV)
A Song and Psalm for the sons of Korah.
- Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised In the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness.
- Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, Is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, The city of the great King.
- God is known in her palaces for a refuge.
- For, lo, the kings were assembled, They passed by together.
- They saw it, and so they marvelled; They were troubled, and hasted away.
- Fear took hold upon them there, And pain, as of a woman in travail.
- Thou breakest the ships of Tarshish With an east wind.
- As we have heard, so have we seen in the city of the LORD of hosts, in the city of our God: God will establish it for ever. Selah.
- We have thought of thy lovingkindness, O God, In the midst of thy temple.
- According to thy name, O God, so is thy praise unto the ends of the earth: Thy right hand is full of righteousness.
- Let mount Zion rejoice, Let the daughters of Judah be glad, because of thy judgments.
- Walk about Zion, and go round about her: Tell the towers thereof.
- Mark ye well her bulwarks, consider her palaces; That ye may tell it to the generation following.
- For this God is our God for ever and ever: He will be our guide even unto death.