Psalm 53 – New International Version (NIV)
- The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and their ways are vile; there is no one who does good.
- God looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.
- Everyone has turned away, all have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.
- Do all these evildoers know nothing? They devour my people as though eating bread; they never call on God.
- But there they are, overwhelmed with dread, where there was nothing to dread. God scattered the bones of those who attacked you; you put them to shame, for God despised them.
- Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion! When God restores his people, let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 53 – King James Version (KJV)
To the chief Musician upon Mahalath, Maschil, A Psalm of David.
- The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: There is none that doeth good.
- God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, To see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.
- Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; There is none that doeth good, no, not one.
- Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge? Who eat up my people as they eat bread: They have not called upon God.
- There were they in great fear, where no fear was: For God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth against thee: Thou hast put them to shame, because God hath despised them.
- Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! When God bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, And Israel shall be glad.