Psalm 54 – New International Version (NIV)
For the director of music. With stringed instruments. A maskil[b] of David. When the Ziphites had gone to Saul and said, “Is not David hiding among us?”
- Save me, O God, by your name; vindicate me by your might.
- Hear my prayer, O God; listen to the words of my mouth.
- Arrogant foes are attacking me; ruthless people are trying to kill me— people without regard for God.[c]
- Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me.
- Let evil recoil on those who slander me; in your faithfulness destroy them.
- I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you; I will praise your name, Lord, for it is good.
- You have delivered me from all my troubles, and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 54 – King James Version (KJV)
To the chief Musician on Neginoth, Maschil, A Psalm of David, when the Ziphim came and said to Saul, Doth not David hide himself with us?
- Save me, O God, by thy name, And judge me by thy strength.
- Hear my prayer, O God; Give ear to the words of my mouth.
- For strangers are risen up against me, And oppressors seek after my soul: They have not set God before them. Selah.
- Behold, God is mine helper: The Lord is with them that uphold my soul.
- He shall reward evil unto mine enemies: Cut them off in thy truth.
- I will freely sacrifice unto thee: I will praise thy name, O LORD; for it is good.
- For he hath delivered me out of all trouble: And mine eye hath seen his desire upon mine enemies.