Psalm 61 – New International Version (NIV)
For the director of music. With stringed instruments. Of David.
- Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer.
- From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
- For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.
- I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.[b]
- For you, God, have heard my vows; you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.
- Increase the days of the king’s life, his years for many generations.
- May he be enthroned in God’s presence forever; appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him.
- Then I will ever sing in praise of your name and fulfill my vows day after day.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 61 – King James Version (KJV)
To the chief Musician upon Neginah, A Psalm of David.
- Hear my cry, O God; Attend unto my prayer.
- From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, When my heart is overwhelmed: ead me to the rock that is higher than I.
- For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
- I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.
- For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: Thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name.
- Thou wilt prolong the king’s life: And his years as many generations.
- He shall abide before God for ever: O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him.
- So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever, That I may daily perform my vows.