Psalm 63 – New International Version (NIV)
A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah.
- You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.
- I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
- Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
- I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
- I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
- On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.
- Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.
- I cling to you; your right hand upholds me.
- Those who want to kill me will be destroyed; they will go down to the depths of the earth.
- They will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals.
- But the king will rejoice in God; all who swear by God will glory in him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Psalm 63 – King James Version (KJV)
A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.
- O God, thou art My God; early will I seek thee: My soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee In a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
- To see thy power and thy glory, So as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
- Because thy lovingkindness Is better than life, My lips shall praise thee.
- Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
- My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; And my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
- When I remember thee upon my bed, And meditate on thee in the night watches.
- Because thou hast been my help, Therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
- My soul followeth hard after thee: Thy right hand upholdeth me.
- But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, Shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
- They shall fall by the sword: They shall be a portion for foxes.
- But the king shall rejoice in God; Every one that sweareth by him shall glory: But the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.