Psalm 80 – New International Version (NIV)
For the director of music. To the tune of “The Lilies of the Covenant.” Of Asaph. A psalm.
- Hear us, Shepherd of Israel, you who lead Joseph like a flock. You who sit enthroned between the cherubim, shine forth
- before Ephraim, Benjamin and Manasseh. Awaken your might; come and save us.
- Restore us, O God; make your face shine on us, that we may be saved.
- How long, Lord God Almighty, will your anger smolder against the prayers of your people?
- You have fed them with the bread of tears; you have made them drink tears by the bowlful.
- You have made us an object of derision[b] to our neighbors, and our enemies mock us.
- Restore us, God Almighty; make your face shine on us, that we may be saved.
- You transplanted a vine from Egypt; you drove out the nations and planted it.
- You cleared the ground for it, and it took root and filled the land.
- The mountains were covered with its shade, the mighty cedars with its branches.
- Its branches reached as far as the Sea,[c] its shoots as far as the River.[d]
- Why have you broken down its walls so that all who pass by pick its grapes?
- Boars from the forest ravage it, and insects from the fields feed on it.
- Return to us, God Almighty! Look down from heaven and see! Watch over this vine,
- the root your right hand has planted, the son[e] you have raised up for yourself.
- Your vine is cut down, it is burned with fire; at your rebuke your people perish.
- Let your hand rest on the man at your right hand,the son of man you have raised up for yourself.
- Then we will not turn away from you; revive us, and we will call on your name.
- Restore us, Lord God Almighty; make your face shine on us, that we may be saved.
Psalm 80 – King James Version (KJV)
To the chief Musician upon Shoshannim-eduth, A Psalm of Asaph.
- Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou that leadest Joseph like a flock; Thou that dwellest between the cherubims, shine forth.
- Before Ephraim and Benjamin and Manasseh stir up thy strength, And come and save us.
- Turn us again, O God, And cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.
- O LORD God of hosts, How long wilt thou be angry against the prayer of thy people?
- Thou feedest them with the bread of tears; And givest them tears to drink in great measure.
- Thou makest us a strife unto our neighbours: And our enemies laugh among themselves.
- Turn us again, O God of hosts, And cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.
- Thou hast brought a vine out of Egypt: Thou hast cast out the heathen, and planted it.
- Thou preparedst room before it, And didst cause it to take deep root, and it filled the land.
- The hills were covered with the shadow of it, And the boughs thereof were like the goodly cedars.
- She sent out her boughs unto the sea, And her branches unto the river.
- Why hast thou then broken down her hedges, So that all they which pass by the way do pluck her?
- The boar out of the wood doth waste it, And the wild beast of the field doth devour it.
- Return, we beseech thee, O God of hosts: Look down from heaven, And behold, and visit this vine;
- And the vineyard which thy right hand hath planted, And the branch that thou madest strong for thyself.
- It is burned with fire, it is cut down: They perish at the rebuke of thy countenance.
- Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand, Upon the son of man whom thou madest strong for thyself.
- So will not we go back from thee: Quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.
- Turn us again, O LORD God of hosts, Cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.