Psalm 82 – New International Version (NIV)
A psalm of Asaph.
- God presides in the great assembly; he renders judgment among the “gods”:
- “How long will you[a] defend the unjust and show partiality to the wicked?[b]
- Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.
- Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
- “The ‘gods’ know nothing, they understand nothing. They walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken.
- “I said, ‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’
- But you will die like mere mortals; you will fall like every other ruler.”
- Rise up, O God, judge the earth, for all the nations are your inheritance.
Psalm 82 – King James Version (KJV)
A Psalm of Asaph.
- God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; He judgeth among the gods.
- How long will ye judge unjustly, And accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
- Defend the poor and fatherless: Do justice to the afflicted and needy.
- Deliver the poor and needy: Rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
- They know not, neither will they understand; They walk on in darkness: All the foundations of the earth are out of course.
- I have said, Ye are gods; And all of you are children of the most High.
- But ye shall die like men, And fall like one of the princes.
- Arise, O God, judge the earth: For thou shalt inherit all nations.